Imagine such a situation, where you are a tourist who arrived abroad, for instance, in Poland and you consider almost nothing about this country. Thus, the way is to adapt all the options beginning from the mobile settings (language and currency; date and time formats.) up to you as an individual.
Localisation will serve you as an assistant in your so-called trip and you may have the ability to adapt to the rhythm of life in this country.
In such a way, in this post we are to give the answers for the questions about the localization as the digital concept, that are written below:
- The basic definition of the localization process;
- What are the benefits and examples using such a technology;
- The tips of applying localization.
What is localization?
Localization means the process of adapting the full content of a piece of content for a new region, both with some associated images, translation, and other elements, especially cultural, that affect the perception of your content.
The localization principle lies in giving some kind of impression that your website was created with that audience in mind. Totally localized content resonates with consumers, as it involves relevant cultural nuances to feel known, rather than just replacing English words with the translated text.
Localization concerns every aspect of your content, particularly:
- User interface: Your website is to be user-friendly, in this case, you need to adapt the interface to the peculiarities of different countries. For instance, Arabic languages constitutes as the system of right to left languages, so the e-system will change the format of the website page appropriately.
- Payment case: taking care of your software payment processing system and the availability of appropriate credit cards in the range, in addition to publishing prices in the required currency is needed. This is important for e-commerce, otherwise, you have a high risk of loosing those customers who would otherwise prefer to cooperate with you and high their businesses, but have no capability to comprehend foreign currencies or do not see the payment position they need.
- Images with colors: some types of signs or gestures can be interpreted differently around the world. As an example, the thumbs-up gesture or emoji picture in the United States has a definition of delight, such as "super" or "good job," but, for instance, in Italy and Greece it defines as an ominous gesture.
- The number, measurement, time, and date formats: such formats can vary from location to location and differ even within the same language. For example, in the United States, the date has the following format: "July 23, 2023". But in the UK, the same date will be written in such manner: "23 July 2023".
- Language version: the translation constitutes one of the most significant aspects of localization. When the method of converting provided content from the source language to the target language is only the first step of the way.
- Message and tone: the localization process takes into account what will resonate with your target audience, not just what is technically correct. Is your goal to persuade the clients or educate them in your provided marketing materials?
How to conquer the target audience or benefits of the software localization
Mlegged individuals believe that localization is a trend word in the translation industry, as well it is not. Localization is aimed at adapting the content about the services or products you offer to the new markets or even global one and in such a case this process constitutes a part of globalization.
High-quality localization is aimed to make sure that potential consumers perceive your brand 100%, choose and use your products, and so on. This is a great capability for business processing.
However, the so-called convenience is only one of the top benefits of localization.
Top 3 benefits of localization:
- Expandation of the customer base: If your purpose is to move forward your production and services to the local market or even the global, you need to process a growth strategy that will take into account the needs, culture of consumers according to the specific market or location;Therefore, localization technology will take into account not only the needs of the customer base but also adapt the style and language of the website to a specific locale;
- Barrier-free promotion: When starting a business in any new market means a risk of facing the obstacles, such as the unpopularity of the brand; high competition; and limited product turnover. As you may have already comprehended, the market adaptation needs brand localization in the world, so its challenge is to work out each detail of the product from the translation of names to the final product shape based on the target market;
- Marketability of the company: The definition of competitiveness will always be relevant, and all due to the localization management platforms. Apart from your business sphere, experience, and fame in the markets, localization will help you outperform the competition.
Examples of how to use localization technology to manage the native language of each country
Citing the true examples of website localization we want you to verify the successful principle of work. There are some cases of use: business; software.
- KFC Group Meals: as a rule, brands always pay attention to language before the localization process. Here, KFC uses local languages of various cultures in their advertising voices. Let's take India as an instance, since the cult of the fast food chain is almost undeveloped in this country. So, once again, a great option to take the local market is to use the native language;
- Nike: the advertising campaign of this brand has got the name "Always $100 and under" and is positioned as an example of in what way the following brand always gains customer satisfaction from the target audience taking various types of ads for each collection. The campaign of Nike is successfully localized for different formats and platforms. Thus, each potential consumer will find their own pair of shoes in such a way for 100 percent.
- Google Company: the target mission of each specialist of this company lies in the creation of a user experience, so when developing any of the products, the crew makes efforts to design each unit convenient, comprehensive, informative and also curious, sounding in more than 70 languages for a global audience;
- Netflix Corporation: just to highlight, the technologies and tools kit used by the Netflix team to design films, videos and other products are not only localized but also translated in each region. Following, the design, apps, user interface, and languages change. While dubbing the content, the professionals take the best apps, probably, such as the Rask AI, that in some words means a tool that totally aids all content creators and E-learning & EdTech companies with video translation, voice-over, and dubbing, in just one click.
The top 8 of software localization apps for a successful outcome
- The Rask AI service: constitutes a one-stop-shop tool for the content creators and corporations whose goal is to localize their videos quickly and start speaking the same language with their audiences worldwide;
- The Smartling: means a cloud-based system for translation management that affords to localize the apps and websites where production and services by certain businesses are offered with the aim of real-time collaboration, integrations with various platforms, and so on;
- The POEditor platform: this is a translation management program that aids the localization teams and software designers in progressive collaboration while developing the product with the tools of translation automation and integrations with the additional platforms;
- The Phrase app: a software localization platform that supports over 60 languages of programming and various file formats. Also, this app supplies features such as translation memory, in-context preview, and integrations with numerous top control systems;
- The Lokalise utility: Lokalise is contributed to be one of the collaborative localization platforms that allow numerous businesses to do translation and manage each of their software projects with complete ease. This service also offers some kind of automation features, integrations with first-class development tools, and a user-friendly interface;
- The platform "Crowdin": the intended purpose of such an application is to aid certain companies with the translation of each software and its items, as this tool is considered a cloud-based localization management platform. To cap a variety of collaboration tools, integrations with unique development platforms, and automated translation options, when using this platform are accessible;
- The OneSky application: constitutes one more cloud-based localization tool, which contains a user-friendly interface and some developer-centric integrations;
- The platform "Transifex": the target function of this localization utility lies in a great support for numerous versions of the file formats and unimpeded control system integration.
Tips on the methods to manage the localization process
While managing the localization process can be a complex challenge, as well with totally proper planning and organization, you can provide a successful and smooth localization effort. Here are provided some tips on how to manage the localization process more progressively in the range:
- Advanced planning of the process: the planning process for localisation in your project is to be started proactively. Don't forget to consider localisation demands during the initial design phase to avoid various potential issues and additional work later on;
- Setting the true goals: define the goals clearly and the scope of the localisation effort. Comprehend the target audience and their cultural needs to adapt the content in the targeted manner;
- Selecting the right crew: it is necessary to choose experienced localisation professionals and translators who speak the native language and have expertise in your sphere. Cooperating with a reputable localisation company can be beneficial;
- Applying of the localisation tools: innovate localization management tools, such as TMS (Translation Management System); CAT (Computer Associated Tools) Such tools can optimize the process; manage translation memories and glossaries; maintain consistency;
- Performing the QA (Quality Assurance): a robust QA process to review the localized content for maximum accuracy, various linguistic correctness, and following the recommendations must be provided. Proofreaders and professional linguists and other partners are to carry out this task for the best score;
- Developing the Glossaries and Style Guides: design comprehensive glossaries and style guides that provide the instruction list on terminology, tone, and all language preferences. due to these resources there is a chance to maintain consistency throughout the localization process;
- Cultural Sensitivity: being aware of all the cultural nuances and adapting the content to suit all the local audiences. This implies the considering factors such as images; colors; date formats; units of measurement that are able to carry various meanings in different cultures;
- Giving contextual data: the context data to the translators about the content they are translating needs to be provided. Contextual information aids them get the meaning and purpose behind the text, leading to more accurate translations;
- Budgeting wisely: sat aside a concrete budget for the localization process. Quality localisation may need some additional resources, so plan appropriately;
- Testing the already localized content: after the localization process is complete, continue with the linguistic and functional testing to get the content looks and works as needed in the target language;
- Communication and collaboration: here your target lies in maintaining the so-called open communication with your localisation team. Provide each of them with prompt feedback, give them a sense of any doubts, and try to encourage collaboration to ensure a workflow with no smooth;
- Improvement 24/7: Learn from each localisation project and apply the knowledge to the future endeavors. Constantly enhance and high the localization processes are based on metrics and feedback;
- Track the progress: the project management tools for monitoring the localization progress should be taken. Focus on tracking the deadlines, stages and outcomes of the projects you create with the aim to stay on top.